2/28/2014

Hours on the Train


The train delayed 88 minutes today due to some problem.

I was looking at the people around me on the platform.
Impatient, anxious, numb, and swiping their smartphone.
That is what most people looked like and what most people were doing.
I was kind of motionless, just waiting for the train.

The train came in, I've got a window seat, lucky.
There was a mother with a baby girl sitting next to me, the baby was sleeping soundly.
I was surprised by the unexpected quietness inside the coach.
Though there were men talking loudly on the phone from time to time,
I was not surprised by that.
A long journey to go, I was glad that I have my book and music.
One day before I left Brighton I got this book, The Shock of the Fall by Nathan Filer.
I was attracted by its cover as well as its title.
The Shock of the Fall? I am curious about what happened in the story.

SHOCK.
FALL.

Would it be a thriller? The cover doesn't seem to say so.

So I started this book yesterday and it kind of reminds me of The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night Time, a book I read long time ago and enjoyed so much.

The train was going, the train stopped, and it was going again.

Sadness, bitterness, slowly it crept in as I was reading this book.
I could feel it through the narrator's tone.
There was also pictures in my mind as I read, just like what he said in the book
"Reading is a bit like hallucinating"
I was indeed picturing some scenes, and I think they are beautiful.

It was sad, and it was heartwarming, and it was sad, and it was heartwarming.

I was enjoying reading it.

About half way through the book, it was my destination.
Time always goes so fast when you are reading a good story.
Train delay is still annoying, I hope it won't happen again.
I've got a full train ticket refund.

This journey was long but not all so bad.

I was looking at the people again, they didn't have much facial expression.
Everyone was just eager to go home,
And so was I.

No comments:

Post a Comment